Sirloin Steak with Microgreens Salad
You Will Need
- 1 triple punnet of B Sow Healthy Microgreens – garlic chives, pink radish and mixed mustard
- 1 little gem lettuce, base removed, leaves separated and washed
- 2 Sirloin steaks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper and salt
Simple salads are the best partner to griddled meats. Our tasty mixed microgreens salad is unique and tasty. With sweet, slightly spicy and peppery flavours, this taste-bud tingling side dish can be knocked up in just a few minutes flat.
- Season the steaks with freshly ground black pepper and salt. Heat a griddle pan over a medium to high heat, when hot add the steaks, and cook for 3 – 4 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salad. Place the gem lettuce leaves in a bowl and break in half if the leaves are too large. Snip the 3 punnets of microgreens and add them to the bowl, toss together.
- Serve the steaks on top of the salad and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with more freshly ground black pepper and salt if required.