Salmon, Avocado and Salad Cress Open Sandwich
You Will Need
- 125g poached salmon fillet pieces
- 2 large slices of rustic brown bread
- 1 punnet of salad cress
- 1 large avocado
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Lemon wedges to serve
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Flakes of soft salmon nestled between creamy avocado and peppery salad cress – could there be anything better? This open sandwich recipe is the perfect snack to keep you fuelled right through the day until dinner time.
- Mash the avocado with a fork, mix with the lemon juice and season with the black pepper.
- Snip ¾ of the salad cress and place on top of the bread slices. Divide the avocado between the two slices and top with the flakes of poached salmon. Garnish with the remaining salad cress.
- Squeeze the lemon wedges over the salmon to serve