Salad Cress Houmous
You Will Need
- 400g can chickpeas, washed and drained
- ½ lemon, juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- 2 punnets of salad cress
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- A small handful of pine nuts
- Extra virgin olive oil, drizzled
Who doesn’t love a bit of houmous? Fantastic as a tasty dip or smothered inside your favourite sandwich, this healthy accompaniment works perfectly with the peppery kick of salad cress.
- Chop 2 punnets of salad cress finely, reserving a handful for a garnish.
- Add the chickpeas, garlic, tahini paste, olive oil and lemon juice to a blender and blend until smooth. Loosen with a little water if required.
- Add the first batch of chopped salad cress to the houmous and stir to combine. Spoon the houmous into a serving bowl and add the freshly ground black pepper. Garnish with the remaining salad cress, pine nuts, and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil if desired before serving.
Serves: 2 as a light meal or more as a sharing dish