AVOCADO WITH RYE BREAD, SALAD CRESS AND CHICKPEAS
You Will Need
- 2 large slices rustic brown bread
- 1 punnet of salad cress
- 1 large avocado
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest from ½ lemon
- 75 – 100g drained and rinsed chickpeas
- Freshly ground black pepper
For a protein-packed sandwich with a peppery punch, this combination is tasty for a speedy lunch. Creamy avocado partnered with nutty rye bread and filling chickpeas, what’s not to love?
- Toast the bread slices.
- Mash the avocado with a fork and mix with the lemon zest and juice, season with the freshly ground black pepper.
- Snip ¾ of the salad cress and top the bread slices. Divide the avocado between the two slices and top with the chickpeas. Garnish with the remaining salad cress