Roasted Carrots with Pistachios, Pomegranate and Garlic Cress Sauce
You Will Need
- 1 bunch carrots, with tops trimmed and peeled if necessary
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt
- 50g pistachios, roughly chopped
- 175g pomegranate seeds or seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 1 punnet salad cress
For the sauce:
- 345g mayonnaise
- 120ml water
- 120ml white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 2 tsp ready prepared horseradish
- 1 punnet salad cress, chopped
Roasted carrots have never tasted so good. Combined with crunchy pistachios, sweet pomegranate seeds and finished with a drizzle of our delicious garlic cress sauce, creates a truly scrumptious taste sensation. This dish is the perfect accompaniment to wow your dinner guests.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. If the carrots are a bit fat cut them lengthwise so they are all an even size.
- Combine the olive oil, honey, salt and pepper and toss the carrots in the mixture. Place in a baking dish or tray and bake until just tender – 40 to 60 minutes.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a bowl adding the chopped salad cress to the amount of sauce you intend to use to drizzle over the roasted carrots. The remainder of the sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and will keep for a week. It’s also really good on pulled pork and barbecued chicken.
- Once the carrots are cooked, place in a serving dish or plate, drizzle the sauce over the top and sprinkle with pistachios, pomegranate seeds and salad cress. Serve immediately.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 – 60 minutes