Quinoa Quiche with Pea Shoots & Feta Cheese
You Will Need
For the crust:
- 135g quinoa
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Pinch of salt
For the filling:
- ½ bag (35g) pea shoots, stalks cut in half
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 50g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 100g feta cheese, chunky crumbled
- 5 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Freshly ground black pepper
You’re going to fall in love with this quiche made with healthy quinoa! Light and crunchy quinoa crust filled with delicious pea shoots, juicy tomatoes, eggs and salty cheese make this unique combo a dish to remember.
- Cook the quinoa according to the manufacture instructions – this will give you approximately 3x more cooked quinoa. Place in a bowl and cool for 15 – 20 minutes. Then add the salt and the beaten egg. Press mixture into bottom and up the sides of a 23 cm loose bottomed flan tin greased with butter. Bake until golden at 220°C for about 20 minutes, cool slightly before filling.
- Reduce oven temperature to 190°C. Place the pea shoots on the base of the quiche, season the eggs with cracked black pepper and pour over the pea shoots, sprinkle over the grated cheddar cheese and dot in the cut cherry tomatoes and the crumbled feta. Place quiche tin on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes until golden brown.
Prep time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 45 minutes Difficulty: Moderate