Pea Shoots Soup
You Will Need
- 140g of pea shoots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 200g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 600ml vegetable stock
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper and salt
A winter warmer or a fresh spring-time snack, our Pea Shoots Soup can be enjoyed all year round. Hearty, yet light in flavour, this dish makes a scrumptious light lunch or a filling meal when partnered with a fresh crusty bread roll.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and add the onion, cook until softened but not browned.
- Tip in the diced potato and stir, then pour over the stock.
- Cover and simmer until the potato is cooked.
- Add the pea shoots and bring back to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and blend. Season to taste and serve with lovely fresh crusty bread.