Pea Shoots and Chickpea Coconut Dahl
You Will Need
- 70g pea shoots
- 250g red lentils
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tbsp tikka curry paste
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 400g reduced fat coconut milk
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt
- Naan bread, optional
This delicious dish is not only full of flavours, it’s packed full of nutrients too. Creamy coconut, crunchy chickpeas and fresh pea shoots, this curry promises to keep you warm on a cold night.
- Rinse and drain the red lentils.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the red onion and garlic over a medium to high heat for 2 minutes. Stir in the curry paste and cook a further minute, then add the rinsed lentils and drained chickpeas.
- Pour in the coconut milk and refill can with water and add to the pan. Bring to the boil and cook for 25 – 30 minutes until the lentils are just cooked.
- Cut the pea shoots in half and stir into the dahl to wilt, add the lemon juice and season. Serve with a naan bread.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 – 30 minutes