Mackerel Pâté with Micro Mustard on Toast
You Will Need
- 250g canned mackerel fillets
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ small lemon, juice
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 4 slices rye sourdough bread
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 punnet of micro mixed mustard
Not enough time to cook? Serve up this yummy yet speedy dish on your next busy day. It’s so tasty and fulfilling that no one will guess it takes just a few minutes to make.
Drain the mackerel and place in a medium bowl with the onion, mustard and lemon juice. Combine with the mayonnaise and season with the freshly ground black pepper.
Spread the mackerel pâté on the sourdough bread. Snip the mixed mustard and sprinkle over the pâté.
Prep time: 10 minutes Difficulty: Easy