Halloumi Burger with Salad Cress
You Will Need
- 4 brioche burger buns
- 250g Halloumi, sliced into 6 pieces
- 4 large flat mushrooms, stalks trimmed
- 1 large ready-to-eat avocado, sliced
- 1 – 2 roasted red peppers, sliced
- 4 tbsp chunky onion chutney, optional
- 1 punnet of salad cress
- Olive oil and/or butter for mushrooms
One for the vegetarians and cheese lovers, our Halloumi Burger is a fantastic addition to any BBQ. Deliciously savoury with the sweet tang of roasted red peppers, we know this one will be a hit with your friends and family.
- Thickly slice the halloumi and drizzle some olive oil onto a plate. Dip and turn the halloumi in the oil until lightly coated.
- In a large frying pan sauté the mushrooms in oil or butter according to your taste. Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan until very hot and fry the halloumi until golden lines appear. You can use the same pan to toast / griddle the brioche buns.
- Now you are ready to assemble. Lay the bottoms of the buns onto serving plates or a platter. Spread with the chutney (if using), top first with the mushroom, then the halloumi, sliced red peppers, sliced avocado and then top with salad cress. Place burger buns on top and secure with cocktail sticks. Serve immediately.