Green Energising Pea Shoots & Broccoli Soup
You Will Need
- 70g of pea shoots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4cm fresh ginger, peeled and grated (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium broccoli, cut into small florets including some stem
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 250ml coconut milk
- 150g cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt, to taste
Smooth pea shoots & broccoli soup with nutritious quinoa that’s a great combo for a comforting meal! This simple, healthy and very delicious soup could be on your table in under 25 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and fry gently for 3 – 4 minutes, stir the garlic and ginger (if using) and fry for a further minute. Add the broccoli in the pan with the stock and cook 6 – 8 minutes until the broccoli is just cooked.
- Add the coconut milk. Heat through and then stir in the pea shoots, (reserving just a few for garnish). Ladle the mixture into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Add the cooked quinoa and the crème fraîche. Serve with crusty bread topped with a few pea shoots.
Prep time: 7 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 – 6