Egg and Salad Cress Afternoon Tea Sandwiches
You Will Need
- 9 slices of thinly sliced white bread
- 2 punnets of salad cress
- 6 medium eggs, hard boiled
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper and salt
Perfect for enjoying the day with friends, our afternoon tea sandwiches add a little something special to lunchtime. Easy to prepare, these little beauties will be a real show stopper, and a treat for your friends and family.
- Remove crusts from the slices of white bread and cut in half vertically.
- Once the eggs have been hard boiled, remove the shells, place in a medium bowl and chop. Combine with the mayonnaise and season with freshly ground black pepper and salt. Snip the punnet of salad cress into the mixture.
- Butter all the bread slices and spread the egg mixture onto one of the slices. Top with another slice of bread and repeat this process until each sandwich has three layers of bread. Repeat for the remaining sandwiches.
- Garnish with the remaining salad cress and present on a cake stand if desired.