egg and cress salad open Sandwich
You Will Need
- 2 slices of rustic brown bread
- 1 ½ -2 tbsp mayonnaise or butter
- 1 punnet of salad cress
- 1 small lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 large eggs, hard-boiled and sliced
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
You can’t beat a simple egg, cress and salad sandwich. Packed full of protein, this sandwich is a healthy, tasty and easy-to-make lunchtime winner.
- Spread the slices of bread with mayonnaise/butter. Snip two thirds of the salad cress and sprinkle over the sandwich.
- Lay the lettuce over the salad cress and top with the slices of tomato and hard-boiled egg. Snip the remaining salad cress and sprinkle over the top. Season with the freshly ground black pepper.
Prep time: minutes