Cressto Risotto with Prawns & Pea Shoots
You Will Need
- 70g of pea shoots
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion – small, peeled and diced
- 275g Arborio risotto rice, rinsed
- 750 – 800ml vegetable stock
- 150ml dry white wine
- 25g butter
- 300g cooked prawns
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 punnets salad cress
- 25g parmesan, finely grated
- 1 – 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 3 – 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper and pinch of salt
Cooking an easy and satisfying dinner shouldn’t be costly or complicated… and this yummy risotto proves it! Blending fresh ingredients with our peppery cressto and crunchy pea shoots makes you want seconds!
- To make the cressto – place the snipped salad cress, chopped garlic, parmesan and olive oil into a blender or food processor and whizz for 20 seconds, scape down and whizz again until fully blended, season.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a moderate heat, add the onions and sweat gently for 5 – 6 minutes. Add the rinsed rice and cook a further 2 minutes. Pour in 400ml of stock and the wine and simmer until nearly evaporated and then add the remaining stock and continue cooking for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in another frying pan and gently fry the halved cherry tomatoes, add the prawns and cook until both are tinged with brown.
- The risotto should be creamy and slightly wet, add more stock if necessary. Reserve a few pea shoots for garnish and cut the rest in half, stir pea shoots and cressto through the risotto. Top with the cooked prawns and cherry tomatoes. Serve garnished with the reserved pea shoots and parmesan cheese.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 35 minutes Difficulty: Easy