Cheese and Salad Cress Muffins
You Will Need
- 1 free-range egg white, whisked
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 – 4 tbsp milk
- 125g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of English mustard powder
- 1 punnet of salad cress
- 45g grated cheese (we used a mature cheddar)
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper and salt
Looking for brunch or healthy snack ideas? Our tasty muffins certainly hit the spot! Fluffy cheese muffins with the peppery kick of salad cress – what’s not to love?
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a mini muffin tin with paper cases.
- Whisk the egg white in a bowl until frothy, then whisk in the oil and milk. Season with freshly ground black pepper and salt.
- In a separate bowl, stir the flour, baking powder and mustard powder together. Then add the egg mixture, salad cress and cheese until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin and bake in the oven for 12 – 15 minutes, or until the muffins are risen and golden brown.