Wild Mushroom & Pea Shoots Carbonara
You Will Need
- 70g of pea shoots
- 200g wild mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 25g butter
- 500g spaghetti
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 250ml double cream
- 50g Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Extra Parmesan shavings for serving - optional
We all know that classic carbonara is a crowd-pleaser. Enjoy this healthy veggie carbonara with mushrooms and crunchy pea shoots and you fall in love with it!
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil and butter in a medium frying pan and cook the wild mushrooms until soft and tinged with brown, cut any large ones in half.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the packet’s instructions. In a medium bowl combine the eggs, cream and parmesan.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan, add the egg mixture, return to the heat and cook on a low heat for 3 – 4 minutes stirring constantly until the egg mixture is only just cooked, stir through the mushrooms and the pea shoots.
- Drizzle with the extra olive oil if desired and serve with shavings of parmesan and freshly ground black pepper.
Prep time: 8 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes