Tomato, Red Onion and Cress Salad
You Will Need
- 400g ripe tomatoes, as many colours, shapes and sizes as you can find
- ½ small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 punnet of salad cress
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper and salt
This salad couldn’t be easier, offering a lovely side dish to any BBQ or summery evening meal. Tangy tomatoes and peppery salad cress make this dish a winner.
- Slice the bigger tomatoes and halve the smaller ones. Add the tomatoes to a bowl or platter (mixing colours and sizes). Scatter with sliced red onion and snipped salad cress.
- Whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar, honey and seasoning, then drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve.