Sweet Potato, Tandoori Chicken & Pea Shoots
You Will Need
- 1 bag of Morrisons The Best Pea Shoots, Purple Radish & Garlic Chives Salad or 70g of pea shoots
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 lemon – juice
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 150g Greek yogurt to serve
- 150g Greek yogurt
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
There is a jacket potato and there is also a super jacket potato. This one is all about yummy flavours, excellent colours and keeping things simple!
- Slash the chicken breasts 3 – 4 times and place in a shallow dish with the lemon juice, paprika and finely sliced red onion, turn the breasts over a few times to allow the mixture to coat, set aside for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all the marinade ingredients, pour over the chicken and chill for at least 3 hrs, at best the day before using.
- Preheat the oven 190°C. Rinse the sweet potatoes and score down the centre lightly, place in a small baking tray and cook for approximately 30 minutes.
- Line the base of a baking sheet and place on a rack, lightly brush with oil. Shake off any excess marinade from the chicken and place onto the rack. When the potato has cooked for 30 minutes place the chicken in the oven on a shelf above centre for 30 minutes with the sweet potatoes below, re-dose with remaining marinade, drizzle with a little oil, increase oven temperature to 180°C and cook a further 20 minutes or until cooked through. Depending on the size of the sweet potato the cooking times of the sweet potato and the chicken should be completed at the same time.
- Break open the potatoes, shred the chicken into medium-sized pieces and place in the potatoes with half of the mixed salad or pea shoots. Serve with extra salad on the side.
Prep time: 10 minutes + marinade time Cooking time: 80 minutes Difficulty: Easy