Sea Bass with Crushed Potatoes & Pea Shoots Sauce
You Will Need
- 4 sea bass fillets
- 1kg new potatoes
- 1 large knob butter
- 100ml olive oil plus extra for pan frying the sea bass
- 4 beetroot – a variety of colours if possible sliced thinly
- 200g feta cheese – crumbled
- 70g pea shoots
- mixed microgreens
Eating healthy has never been so easy with this flavoursome fish dish. Packed full of flavours and nutrients, this recipe combines fresh pea shoots with crispy sea bass and warming potatoes. Wow your dinner guests with this simple yet effective meal.
- Wash the new potatoes, put in a saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 10-15 minutes until tender. Strain and leave to cool slightly. Place the butter in a large frying pan until it begins to foam. Add the potatoes crushing each one slightly with your hand before adding to the pan. Toss the potatoes in the butter and season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove the pan from the heat and add ¼ of the pea shoots, chopped roughly, just before serving.
- Put ½ of the pea shoots in a mini food processor whizz them with the 100ml of olive oil, salt and pepper until smooth.
- In another large frying pan warm some olive oil over a high heat. Season the sea bass fillets and place in the pan skin side down. Hold flat with a fish slice and fry for 3-4 minutes until the skin is crispy and then carefully turn them over. Fry for another minute and then switch the heat off and leave them to finish cooking in the residual heat.
- Place the crushed potatoes in the centre of four plates, top with the sea bass, scatter around the beetroot shavings, feta cheese, pea shoots and microgreens. Drizzle with the pea shoot oil.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes Difficulty: Medium