Scrambled Egg with Smoked Salmon and Salad Cress
You Will Need
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 15g salted butter
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 - 4 slices smoked salmon, depending on size
- 2 - 4 slices of sourdough bread, depending on size, toasted
- 1 punnet of salad cress
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt
Did someone say brunch? Waves of smoked salmon folded into fluffy scrambled eggs, finished off with a peppery salad cress hit, this dish is the best way to enjoy your eggs in the morning.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over a medium heat until it's foaming.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, cracked pepper and a pinch of salt in a bowl and add to the saucepan.
- Stir the eggs continuously until they are soft, smooth and still a little bit runny. The egg will continue to cook even when the heat is turned off, leave them in the pan while you butter your toast if desired.
- Add snipped salad cress onto the toast, spoon over the scrambled eggs and top with waves of smoked salmon.
- Grind over black pepper, garnish with the rest of the salad cress and serve.