Salad Cress, Avocado Tartare with Pan Fried Cod
You Will Need
- 2 punnets of salad cress
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and stoned
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 x 100g skinless cod loin
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Crackers to serve
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper and salt
Ready, steady, eat! This uniquely beautiful dish is prepared in next to no time and we guarantee it’ll definitely satisfies your eyes and your stomach too!
- Season the cod loin with lemon zest and freshly ground black pepper, leave for 5 minutes.
- Chunky mash the avocados, with lemon juice, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Snip 1 ½ punnets of the salad cress and stir into the avocado mix. Divide mixture between 2 tartare 8cm rings and smooth across the top. Refrigerate until the cod is cooked.
- In a medium frying pan heat the oil and add the cod loin pieces top side down in the pan, fry on a medium heat until tinged brown, after 4 minutes carefully turn over and fry the base, cook a further 3 – 4 minutes until cooked depending on thickness of the fish.
- Plate the avocado tartare and top with the cod loin, garnish with the remaining salad cress.
- Serve with crackers.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes