Roasted Aubergine with Salad Cress and Red Pepper Houmous
You Will Need
- 2 punnets salad cress, reserving ¼ of a punnet for garnish
- 2 medium red peppers, deseeded and cut in half
- 1 aubergine, cut into 6 wedges
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 85g houmous
- A pinch of salt
This recipe is perfect for houmous lovers. Sweet roasted red peppers combined with peppery salad cress, topped with delicious roasted aubergine, this dish is sure to get your taste buds tingling.
- Cut the aubergine and sprinkle with salt to release some of the moisture.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a griddle pan and pan fry the peppers over a moderate heat for 10 – 15 minutes until softened and slightly charred. Remove from the pan.
- Rinse the aubergines and pat dry with kitchen paper, add a tbsp of olive oil to the griddle pan and place the aubergines flesh side to griddle, cook until charred and flip to cook the other side.
- Meanwhile, blitz the red peppers, houmous and 1 tbsp olive oil in a food processor or blender, add the snipped salad cress and blitz again.
- Serve the aubergines on a bed of the houmous and drizzle with a little more olive oil, garnished with the salad cress.
Prep time: 25 – 30 minutes