Prawn and Red Chilli Stir-Fry with Salad Cress
You Will Need
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ lime, juice
- 100g raw prawns
- 165ml coconut milk
- 100g dried egg noodles
- 1 punnet of salad cress
Is there anything more comforting than a big bowl of noodles? Perfectly cooked prawns complemented by tangy ginger, hot chilli, sweet coconut milk and peppery salad cress, this is a dish you will want to serve at your next dinner party.
- Heat the oil in a large wok. Once hot, add the crushed garlic, spring onions, ginger and red chilli. Cook on a medium heat for 4 minutes and add the lime juice.
- Stir in the prawns, add the coconut milk and simmer gently for 5 minutes on a low heat until the prawns are pink.
- Meanwhile, cook the egg noodles in a pan of boiling water for 4 minutes until soft. Drain, tip into the wok and then toss together. Season to taste, top with snipped salad cress and serve.