You Will Need
- 400g large or jumbo prawns, cooked
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 bag pea shoots
- 1 punnet salad cress
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp crème fraîche
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- A dash of Worcester sauce
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
Nothing beats a traditional prawn cocktail, except when you add pea shoots! Our recipe includes the usual suspects, juicy prawns and a tangy Marie Rose sauce, with an added crunch of crispy, peppery pea shoots and salad cress. A beloved starter with a modern twist.
- Quarter the cucumber lengthways and cut each quarter into roughly 1cm chunks.
- Cut the avocado into chunks and squeeze over the juice of half the lemon.
- Divide the pea shoots, snipped salad cress, avocado and cucumber evenly between four glass bowls. Arrange the prawns on top.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together and the juice of the remaining lemon. Season to taste with lemon juice, sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Spoon the sauce over the prawns. Dust the top with a little paprika and serve immediately.
Prep time: minutes