Pea Shoots, Leek and Potato Bake
You Will Need
- 2 x 70g bag of pea shoots, roughly chopped
- 300g leeks, topped and tailed, washed and sliced
- 900g - 1000g baking potatoes, washed and sliced
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt, to taste
- 75g butter
- 50 - 75g mature cheddar, grated
A warming and hearty dish, this Pea Shoots, Leek and Potato Bake will soon become a family favourite. Lovely as a side or a quick lunch, this dish can be prepped in 10 minutes flat!
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Grease a rectangular baking dish approximately 20cm x 25cm x 6cm. Place a layer of sliced potatoes in the bottom of the dish, season and top with the sliced leeks. Sprinkle over the nutmeg and dot with half the butter. Layer the pea shoots and leeks then top with the sliced potatoes, so they are slightly overlapping. Dot with the remaining butter and season. Cover with foil and place in the preheated oven.
- Cook for 45 minutes and remove the foil, sprinkle over the grated cheese and return to the oven uncovered for a further 45 minutes to 1 hour until the potatoes are golden brown and cooked through.