Pappardelle with Pea Shoots and Chilli Flakes
You Will Need
- 70g bag of pea shoots
- 175g - 200g dried Pappardelle
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 125ml sour cream or double cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Parmesan shavings and olive oil to serve
Fresh, filling and guilt free, we love this simple pasta dish. Waves of pappardelle mixed into crisp pea shoots and sour cream finished with chilli flakes and garlic, this is the perfect mid-week meal.
- Cook the dried pasta according to the packet’s instructions, drain and rinse with boiling water.
- Heat the olive oil in the pan, add the garlic and chilli flakes and fry over a medium heat for 1 - 2 minutes. Return the pasta to the pan and add the cream, heat through for 1 minute and then add ¾ of the pea shoots. Stir well and serve between two bowls. Top with the remaining pea shoots and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drizzle with the extra olive oil if desired and serve with shavings of parmesan.