Mushroom, Avocado and Salad Cress Tacos with Sour Cream
You Will Need
- 200g chestnut or mini portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 punnet of salad cress
- 100ml sour cream
- 4 small wholemeal tortillas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt
A vegetarian twist on the classic fajita, we love these simple tacos - made in just 15 minutes. Tasty mushrooms and soft avocado finished with salad cress and a splash of sour cream, this recipe is one for all the family.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook until golden brown, add the ground cumin and fry for a further minute. Remove the mushrooms, set aside and season.
- Peel the avocado, remove the stone, slice and squeeze over the lemon juice. Meanwhile, to make the crispy tortillas, heat the frying pan over a medium high heat and place the tortilla in the pan and turn once golden brown.
- Serve the tortillas topped with the cooked mushrooms, sliced avocado, a good dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of cut salad cress.