Gazpacho with Micro Garlic Chives
You Will Need
- ½ kg ripe plum tomatoes, cored, seeded and chopped
- ½ cucumber, peeled and chopped
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 punnet micro garlic chives
- 1 slice of bread, cubed
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp sherry vinegar
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper and salt
Putting a Mediterranean twist on lunchtime, we’re channeling a little Español with our Gazpacho with Garlic Chives. If you’d like to try something a little different, this dish is the one for you.
- Place the slice of bread in a bowl with water and soak. Once soaked, remove from the water and squeeze the bread with your hands as much as possible.
- Put the all the ingredients into a blender or food processor, reserving a small handful of garlic chives, and blend until smooth. Check consistency and add extra olive oil if necessary. Taste and season, adding more vinegar if required. Cover and chill until very cold.
- Once thoroughly chilled, stir the gazpacho and taste again. Sprinkle with the remaining garlic chives, a drizzle of olive oil and some lovely crusty bread.