Cress Couscous with Vegetable Ratatouille
You Will Need
- 2 punnets of salad cress
- 75g - 80g couscous
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunky pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into small wedges
- 1 courgette, topped and tailed and cut into chunky pieces
- 150g squash, pumpkin or butternut squash, cut into chunky pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper and salt
Here is our favourite version of ratatouille with a peppery salad cress couscous. This super healthy classic French vegetarian dish is a proper winter warmer but no worries it can be enjoyed all year round as well.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the peppers, onion, courgette, squash and fry gently for 5 – 8 minutes. Then add the rosemary, garlic, chopped tomatoes and cook a further 6 – 8 minutes until the vegetables are cooked. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Meanwhile prepare the couscous according to the manufacturer’s instructions, just before serving toss the snipped salad cress into the couscous and stir.
- Serve salad cress couscous topped with the ratatouille.
*This dish is also really tasty with 75g chopped chorizo sausage fried in with the vegetables.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes