Creamy Mushrooms, Pea Shoots & Poached Egg Toast
You Will Need
- 1 bag of Morrisons The Best Pea Shoots, Purple Radish & Garlic Chives Salad or 70g of pea shoots
- 200g wild mushrooms – remove ends off stalks and any soil compost
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100 – 125ml crème fraiche
- 2 eggs
- 2 large slices of sourdough bread
- 2 tsp vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper and pinch of salt
Mushrooms on toast is a hearty savoury dish that can be done in almost no time. Yummy breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner or late snack loaded with serious ingredients for serious appetites – the choice is yours!
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and gently fry the mushrooms for 6 – 8 minutes until tinged with brown and softened, stir through the crème fraiche.
- Meanwhile, half-fill a deep saucepan with boiling water and set it on the stove at a slow simmer. Add the vinegar. Break each egg into a teacup, make a whirlpool and slip it gently into the middle of the pan. Poach for 3 minutes, depending on the size of your egg, or until the white is cooked and the yolk is still quite runny.
- Toast the sourdough slices and divide the sautéed mushrooms between the 2 slices. Place on a good handful of the salad over the mushrooms and top with the poached egg.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of salt. Serve with the rest of the salad
Prep time: 15 minutes Difficulty: Easy