Citrus Salad with Pea Shoots, Halloumi & Avocado
You Will Need
- 70g of pea shoots
- 1 orange
- 1 red grapefruit
- 1 ripe avocado
- 250g halloumi, sliced into 12 pieces
- ½ tsp black sesame seeds
Honey and Mustard Dressing
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- ½ orange, juice only
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Fill up and cool down with this perfect-for-a-hot day salad! Our best summer salad that’s sweet, juicy and very refreshing will definitely satisfy your taste buds – we promise!
- Make the dressing – mix all the dressing ingredients together and stir well before serving.
- Dry fry the halloumi in a frying pan over a moderate heat until golden brown on both sides and remove from pan.
- Peel the orange and the grapefruit including the pith, cut into rings. Cut avocado in half, remove stone, slice and drizzle with any leftover citrus juice.
- To serve, cover plate with pea shoots, place on the cooked halloumi, sliced citrus fruits and slices of avocado, sprinkle the sesame seeds over the avocado and serve drizzled with the dressing.
Prep time: 15 minutes