Chargrilled Asparagus, Pea Shoots & Butter Bean Tart
You Will Need
- 1 sheet puff pastry, chilled and ready rolled
- 1 bunch asparagus – preferably thicker rather than thinner stalks, bottoms trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g Buffalo mozzarella, torn
- 1x 70g bag of pea shoots
- 100g frozen peas
- 400g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1x egg yolk – mixed with a little water for egg wash
For the dressing:
- 3x tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp honey
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of salt
Meal times just got more exciting with our tasty tart! Crispy pastry, fresh pea shoots and soft mozzarella create a truly scrumptious dish.
- Whisk all the ingredients for the dressing and set to one side.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lay out the puff pastry onto a board and gently score (not right the way through) the pastry about 1cm from the edge all the way around.
- Carefully brush the egg wash around the border, taking care not to encroach into the centre. Score a pattern with a knife onto the border and then prick well over the centre to inhibit it from rising while baking. Bake in the oven until the border is risen and golden and the centre is cooked.
- While the pastry is baking, toss the trimmed asparagus in the olive oil together with salt and pepper. Preheat a griddle pan and when very hot place the asparagus in it. Do not move the asparagus around until there are definite chargrill lines on them and then turn to do the other sides. Toss the butter beans in the dressing. Cook the peas as per the pack instructions. Tear the mozzarella into bite-sized pieces.
- Once the puff pastry case is cooked and cooled sprinkle on the butter beans, peas and top with the asparagus, mozzarella and pea shoots to achieve a pleasing and appetising tart.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes