Butterfly Chicken with Crushed Pea Shoot Potatoes
You Will Need
- 70g bag pea shoots
- 250g baby new potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 shallot, peeled and sliced
- ½ lemon zest and juice
- Freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of salt
Looking for inspiration for a mid-week treat that is also healthy? Then look no further than our Butterfly Chicken with Crushed Pea Shoot Potatoes. The perfect combination of protein and carbohydrates mixed with fresh and nutritious pea shoots, this dish really does have it all.
- Cut the chicken breasts: Slice into the middle of the rounded side of the chicken breast, cutting ¾ of the way across, open up and press down slightly to make the butterfly chicken shape. Season with the black pepper, salt and lemon zest.
- Place a large frying pan over a moderate heat and add 1 tbsp olive oil, fry the shallot for 2 – 3 minutes and remove from the pan onto a plate. Add the chicken breasts and fry for 20 – 25 minutes until cooked, adding the shallots back into the pan for the final 2 – 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the baby potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water. Reserve a handful of pea shoots for garnish and chop the remainder. Drain the potatoes when cooked and crush with a fork, add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and the juice of the lemon. Stir in the chopped pea shoots and season if necessary.
- Serve the crushed pea shoot potatoes with the butterfly chicken and garnish with the un-chopped pea shoots.
Prep time: 30 mins